Tuesday, March 25, 2008

7 months already!

And...another amazing sunset on my way back from Hallim!
It's been almost three weeks since I came back from Bali and things have been pretty much the same - except that I spend more time with friends, i'm learning knitting, attending a meditation class and planning to take diving lessons.


Last week was Ahsleigh's birthday party at La Vie (delicious BLT!), Friday night was Alicia and Kyle's housewarming potluck, Saturday was Jamie's birthday party (at a house he rented for the occasion!), and Monday was work dinner - which turned into a late night at a hof with Amanda, Bill, and newbies Arielle and Tim. A whole lot of fun!


I was also happy to see my lovely students and start a new semester! That's my ABC class trying to line up the alphabet with both big and small letters ;)

I spent Sunday afternoon enjoying the sight of the ocean on a (very) gray day and hiking this small hill at Hamdeok - where there are a few graves at the top, one of them locked in some barbel wire...



Upon my return on Jeju island, I thought the next 5 months (yes, only 5 months left!) would suck because my experience in Bali had opened my eyes (more than ever) to a "new" reality - one of freedom, open-mindness and discoveries - which I thought could not take place in my world, where I have to work and can barely find time to spare.
In a way, I had escaped my everyday routine by going on this trip, and it sure caught up very quickly as soon as I step foot on the island. Luckily, Lisa lent me this book called "The Four Agreements". It's written by Miguel Ruiz and it's got great insights on life and how to simply be happy. I thought I'd share them:
  1. Be Impeccable With Your Word
    Speak with integrity. Say only what you mean. Avoid using the word to speak against yourself or to gossip about others. Use the power of your word in the direction of truth and love.

  2. Don't Take Anything Personally
    Nothing others do is because of you. What others say and do is a projection of their own reality, their own dream. When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others, you won't be the victim of needless suffering.

  3. Don't Make Assumptions
    Find the courage to ask questions and to express what you really want. Communicate with others as clearly as you can to avoid misunderstandings, sadness and drama. With just this one agreement, you can completely transform your life.

  4. Always Do Your Best
    Your best is going to change from moment to moment; it will be different when you are healthy as opposed to sick. Under any circumstance, simply do your best, and you will avoid self-judgment, self-abuse and regret.


Top100 Bloggers - Top Blog Directory - Blog Top list