Monday, October 22, 2007

More korean beauty

First of all, I’d like to introduce my ABC students because they are so cute! The little one down right is Bob (and he chose that name!!)


So, last week-end was great. Friday night we had dinner and wine up until 5am, so Saturday I was basically lethargic. Nonetheless, I took advantage of the beautiful sunny day on Sunday and decided to go to Udo. I missed the pumpkin festival but apparently it wasn’t worth it anyway.

As you know, I live in Jejudo – an island south of Korea. Udo is another island, just West of Jeju. It’s quite small, but gorgeous! Moreover, a lot of women divers live and work there, and some of Korea’s most beautiful beaches are on that island.

It was an hour scooter ride, and then a 20 minute boat ride to finally get there. I just walked around, hiked a nice hill on a cliff, sat on the beach and cruised. Many women divers were working (on a Sunday?) and, even though the weather was really nice, the air was cold and so was the water.










I met on of them on the street – she was sorting out her picks of the day and she barely looked at me. I noticed she had something in her ears so I spoke louder, offering her a banana. She was thrilled and gave me some of what she had in her bucket… I still don’t know what it is, but it was viscous and slowly moving in my hand. I took a bite, it was alright. I offered her water but she repeated a thousand times “choua! Choua!” (“cold!”) so I thanked her and left.






Here is some more Korean beauty.

































More of my pictures (yes, you see the world through my eyes ;) at http://www.bubbleshare.com/album/250795

Top100 Bloggers - Top Blog Directory - Blog Top list