Monday, May 19, 2008

Love my life


Yo llevo en el cuerpo un motor
Que nunca deja de rolar
Yo llevo en el alma un camino
Destinado a nunca llegar
- Manu Chao "Desaparecido"


A fortune teller in Seoul told me that it is my destiny to travel around forever and simply be free. It could have been a wild guess, but he might be right.

Ever since Patrice arrived almost two weeks ago, I have been rediscovering Korea and realized that the daily life of an “explorer” is indeed out of the ordinary.


Be it the unique and tasty food, jawbone massagers (intended to pull back face fat…), 90-degree bent hard-working Korean ajummas in the countryside, breath-taking beaches, mellow sunsets, Korean customs, Korean language (which I understand more and more), walking around naked in saunas, my adorable Korean students, my crazy lovely foreign friends, life here is just another layover in this magnificent world.



May was quite a busy month with Korean holidays such as Buddha’s birthday and Children’s Day, as well as Parents’ Day and Teacher’s Day, not to mention the Western Mother’s Day, my brother’s birthday, my godmother’s birthday, Danila and Chantale’s birthdays, and my very own birthday. Phew.

A lot of great celebrations, a bump on my head and bruises all over my body, a memorable beach party and oh-so much exhaustion. I flew to Seoul to spend a few days with Patrice and bring him with me to Jeju in a hurly-burly charter in which I feared for my life at least twice.

Tiny little birds I’ve seen, lilacs I’ve smelled and gorgeous green leaves are coming out. It’s summer, I’m in love and happy! It freaks me out to realize that yet another year has almost gone by and my head is filled with colors, tastes, music and great memories. And “Hello!!” of course ;)

Only 3 months left – during which my parents are visiting and I’m taking diving lessons. The beach is calling though the water is not warm enough yet, and I don’t know what’s next… India? California? Banff? Australia? How could I ever settle when the world is so wonderful and full of surprises?

Speaking of which… has anyone heard of Loveland? It’s a big park on Jeju island where one can find sex shops and observe giant sex statues for only 7$. Priceless I swear, especially since sex appears to be such a taboo in Korean culture… NOT at Loveland though! We saw Korean couples with kids and strollers posing in front of giant boobies.

Warning: rather explicit pictures...!
















They even had a parked car with inflatable dolls in it, a bra and some panties hanging off the rear mirror, the speaker playing sounds of a moaning woman while the car’s springs were going “couik couik” are the car was bouncing to the rhythm of a couple making love...


Top100 Bloggers - Top Blog Directory - Blog Top list